- Most of us know this little childhood song…sing it with me:
Zacchaeus was a wee little man,
A wee little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree
For the Lord he wanted to see;
And as the Savior passed that way,
He looked up in the tree,
And He said, “Zacchaeus you come down!”
For I’m going to your house today,
For I’m going to your house today.
- The author is unknown. The imparted profound. The account of Zacchaeus is found in Luke 19:1-10.
- Will the LORD not do the same for YOU!?!?
- He is still the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
- The same Jesus that prepared that sycamore tree for Zacchaeus, the same Jesus that walked by Zacchaeus, the same Jesus that talked, ate, and changed Zacchaeus’ life — is the SAME Jesus today that prepares the way for you. The same Jesus that walks with you through the valley of the shadows of death and rejoices with you on the mountaintops. He is the same Jesus that talks with you: through His Word and uses your Pastor(s) in that process as well. The same Jesus that changes your heart.
Zacchaeus, you, and I know the same Jesus — the difference is our response.
What will you do with Jesus?